From:
Bryan Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 08:46:33 CST
Just an update on my Tenaka and Cayanne.  They seem to be all better!
Lawdamighty, I have NEVER seen those two, or any other ferret for that
matter move that fast for that long!  I swear I thought the carpet was going
to catch fire, they were spinning around the room so fast.

Their poohs have regained their normal coloration, and are rapidly attaining
normal moisture content.  Even though they'd take the stuff,they never
really did like Pepto B, even when disguised with chicken baby food and
PLENTY of ferretone!  I think that helped them over the worst of it, (the
pepto did, over the bad time when they'd have lower energy levels).

All is better now, and they have even given me a cute story!

On Monday, I discovered that Tenaka's jingly toy was put in the hammock that
I have in the cage for them to play in.  I took the toy out, and put it in
the center of the floor, waiting for Tenaka to come over and play with it
and me, as we used to do before I lost track of said toy.  Well, Tenaka
IMMEDIATELY stopped what he was doing across the room, came over to the toy,
"barked" (!!!) at me, and picked the toy up.  He dragged it back into the
cage, climbed up to the third level of the cage where the hammock is, and
stuffed it right back in!

Not believeing what I had seen, I waited a few minutes, and pulled it out
again.  The process was repeated, to the smallest detail, except the "bark"
was a little more forceful this time.

I think he now claims the hammock as a hidey hole..  and I think I may be on
the receiving end of a Weasle-Wardance sometime soon...

Take care all, and thanks again for all your advice, calming words, and
experience!  You're the greatest!

Love, Dooks, Raisins, and Ferretone to you and all your ferts!

    Bryan Hall