From:
Michaela Maurice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 21:36:08 -0700
Hi all.  Well, today i was supposed to bring Bugsy in for a fasting blood
glucose test.  Well, the day turned into a mess.  The main thing is that the
little bugger found some food in his carrier on the way to the vet.  I think
one of my girls must have stored some food in between the sheets in the
carrier.  They are crazy.  My Mighty Mouse is the mother hen of the group.
Always making sure everyone is getting along (she will literally get in the
middle of 'disputes' and break them up or help out whoever needs help).  She
is always awake and always on the go, checking that everything is in order
and ALWAYS storing food everywhere in my apt.  (Vaccuuming is really fun ;).
The other night she was storing kibble underneath the fitted sheet on my
bed...lol...crazy critter!).  Anyway, we are off to the vet tomorrow again
(and you can be sure I'll check the carrier this time :) )

STOOL Question: I have Bugsy on a 'soup' of Ensure Plus (vanilla),
Pedialyte, Baby Oatmeal, lactose free baby formula, gerber chicken & veggie,
linatone, brewers yeast and ground up Iams kitten and Eukanuba chicken.  He
is eating it if I feed him off my fingers.

However, His pooh is a thick liquid and I am not sure if he is actually
absorbing the calories, vitamins, and minerals he needs.  And if he is
actually making use of the protein.  What does/should the stools of ferrets
on such diets look like?

                        Thanks
                          Michaela Maurice