From:
Jacci Denney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:07:29 EST
Yesterday I picked up ferrets from Tina Cox in Tulsa.  As I'm sure you
all remember she has had to shut down her shelter.  (Hi, Tina, hope
you're feeling ok).  She said there were 7, and so we loaded up the van
and off we went.

Anyway, this afternoon I'm preparing heartgard for 18 (the 7 new, and my
11) ferrets, and I decide I'd better make a list so I can mark them off
as they get it.  Ok.....no matter how I tried, I came up with 19.  I made
a list of all their names, 19....did I duplicate a name?  Don't think so.
Hmmm....So I take my list of 19 names around the house and everytime I
saw a ferret, I crossed him/her off the list.  I laughed so hard at
myself that several ferrets could only stare.  I picked up 8 at Tina's,
not 7.  <sigh>  I don't feel so bright today. ;)

The new 8 are doing fine, a couple are so tiny!!  My goal is to fatten
them up.  I think 2 will definetly not be adoptable (biters), but the
other 6 would fit in nicely to homes.  Taking it slow, tho, so I get to
know their personalities.

1 is blind, I must confess, I've never dealt with a blind ferret
before...any advice?

Jacci and the 18...no, 19 ferrets