From:
List-Mary Ann Puccia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 04:04:48 EDT
Hey Betty & fellow FML folk,

In along with all of our proactive loving and living with ferrets we all
need to be as informed naturally a possible too :)

I truly do not believe any of the members posting about couches, rice,
digging, etc., were not working with their ferrets.  I cannot imagine why
they would be on this list in the first place.  Let us strive not to judge
each other so harshly, we are all here for the same reason-our love for
ferrets.  And just FYI my 4 Furballs possess the following:

- 1  4 story Martin's  7 x 4 foot cage.
- 4-6  hours outside of cage romp time daily
- A  multitude of ever rotating toys
- A  multitude of endless hugs, kisses and playing with their 2 Mamas
(Their absolute favorite play is what we call 'Ferry Shake 'n' Bake'--they
run into the empty laundry bag, we shake em up and none to gently dump 'em
in the huge peanut packing box.  They go mad with this game!  Panting,
smiling and contorting their little selves up and around the box in such
excitement they ultimately always end up on the outside of the box
(usually on their heads, delicate creatures they are) and scampering over
for another turn.  Vacuuming is the next runner up game They run to the
closet and ask us to take out the vacuum.
- 2  large elbow pasta dig boxes
- 2  2 ft x 3 ft peanut  puff packing dig boxes
- 2  Large Rice boxes
- 2  Very Large Maine Coon Cats to keep in line
- 1  2 x 3 ft potting soil dig box well packed after each play session
and alternately moistened, (I confess Betty I do more than most but have
low tolerance for muddy little ferry foots in my 2 bedroom apartment :)
My kids and I are constantly tripping over ferrety paraphernalia ( that
they never clean up after themselves :)

Yes, my babies have it very, very well.  I am well aware that some
ferrets just have a stronger dig urge, that is just the way it is.  I have
difficulty viewing any FML member who posts needing suggestions and advice
for better protecting their beloved ferrets as 'not working with them'

Keep:
Posting, Asking and Sharing (A kindly approach is best)
After all--I think that is part of the reason for the FML

Let us now all work with each other, so we can be wondrous examples to
our Furbutts

Be Well,
Mary Ann