From:
Lonny Eachus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 22:26:10 -0700
We are basically saying the same thing, Sukie. My whole point in the
last email was that mineral oil can act as a carrier for other things.
There was no confusion; the citation supported my point.

But there are a number of reasons why one should be cautious about
ingesting mineral oil, even when food grade. Personally I would use
it only for external use, and even then make sure it is food grade,
because that is about the only way you can know how refined it is,
unless you can find a Material Safety Data Sheet for that particular
product. Even then the information is sometimes scanty. I just looked
at a few from different companies.

A number of foods have small amounts (it is used as a mold release for
some candies for example), so it's pretty hard to avoid entirely, and
it is probably not harmful as long as it is food grade and you aren't
eating a lot of it.

Lonny Eachus