From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:19:31 -0700
I'm just coming in on the middle of this topic - but had a little input.

I understand your taking offense because of the situation that you
say you have in your home - where smoking is done well away from the
ferrets - but at the same time understand that as a shelter that adopts
ferrets, you have a policy or you don't - it's hard to have a policy
that allows for a great deal of subjectivity as you get accused of
descrimination.

Whether it's an issue of ferrets exposed to 2nd hand smoke or adopting
to families with very young children - it's a hard call and all I can
say is that in the end, in each situation, the shelter operator simply
has to do what they believe is in the best interest of the ferret.