From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:10:33 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

Some people's moral convictions lead them to be disgusted by the buying
and selling of animal parts or furs.  Hunting for sport or trophy, etc.
Some people feel differently.  I think that most of us understand this,
even if we don't necessarily like the other side's position.

The other side...Imagine if we could really see ourselves through somebody
else's eyes?

I imagine that some people would find our attachment to, of all things,
WEASLES, to be completely disgusting.  Nasty, smelly, sometimes bitey
WEASLES.  People actually buy-spend good money-on WEASLES.  Not only
that, they buy toys for them, expensive food that costs about as much per
pound as good steak.  They buy them little hammocs to sleep in, little
clothes, little hats.  Even, I kid you not, tiny replicas of leather biker
jackets.  For WEASLES.

Some people actually let them crawl on their beds and furniture, the same
beds that they SLEEP in!  Not only that, they let those long, snaky, beady
eyed furry things give them KISSES!!  BLAH!!

Then there is the moral issue.  I know someone who actually spent $600.00
good U.S. dollars on ADRENAL SURGERY-I kid you not-surgery for a *& %#
ferret.What did she get in return?  Four more years of weasel poop!  That
same $600.00 could have bough a hotel room for a homeless family living
in the back of their car a warm, safe hotel room for a MONTH.  What next!
Shelters for homeless WEASLES?  C'mon!

Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?  I hope so.  You really have no idea
where I stand on the fur issue, now do you?  I could be a good guy.  I
could be a bad guy.  Maybe I'm a little bit of both.  But mostly, I'm
somebody who enjoys coming to this list for some gentle talk about
ferrets.

Peace,
Alexandra in Massachusetts

P.S. The ding-dong who paid her vet $400.00 per pound to operate on her
pet WEASEL?  Ah, that would be me.  Ate Mac and Cheese for six weeks.