From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:21:21 -0400
>From:    Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: BOB C: Q-N-A
>3) A good scale that measures in grams.

Office Depot sells a decent postal scale that is selectable for grams or
ounces for about $70.  I bought one and it works pretty good, though it has
a limit of 4 lbs.  Since none of mine weigh that much, it wasn't a concern.
I've weighed a few known weights and it is accurate.  They also sell one
that goes to 10 lbs., and I tried that first but I didn't like it and ended
up exchanging it for the other one.

The only problem with measuring in grams is that any little movement causes
the reading to fluctuate a bit.  I stick a large tupperware container on the
scale, put a drop of ferretone in it to keep them busy, zero it, then set
the ferret in.  Just their licking is enough to make the reading fluctuate
20 or 30 grams.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our web site: http://www.miamiferret.org