From:
shirley miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:33:29 -0500
Another FMLer recently requested a recipe for ferret poop tea and received
no replies so I will try again to locate the experts in this field.  I think
it is supposed to be a repellant for moles and other small animals.

Besides the recipe, I also need to know how to serve it.  Do they like it in
tiny teacups, served hot, or do they prefer it iced in a tall glass?  With
sugar or lemon?  <g>

O.K.  I will be serious.  I live in a rural area and could really benefit
from an enviromentally safe product.  Especially one that my "fuzzbutts"
promise to keep producing in abundant supply.  My garden is constantly under
attack by squirrels, oppossoms, racoon, snakes, moles, deer, armadillo and
every type of insect.

For ramp covers, I use pieces of carpet cut just a little larger than the
ramp (to cover completely) and attach with diaper pins from the baby
department of any local discount store.  The carpet is good stiff
indoor-outdoor type from Home Depot.  When I bought a piece for my dining
area I just bought enough extra to carpet the ramp, shelves and floors of
the cage.  Actually 2 pieces for each area so I have a spare for when I
want to take it out on the deck and hose it down.  You can also get a glue
made for sealing the edges so they don't ravel or I have also used Elmers
white glue.  I make sure the glue is dried good and hose it once before I
put it in the cage.  This has worked well for me but my babies are not bad
at chewing things so it might depend on the ferrets that are going to be
using it.  Oh, it also comes in a lot of different colors so you can make
their cage match their hammocks or the rest of the house.

SHIRLEY (THE HUMAN)
JEZEBEL (THE WITCH)
TRISTAN (THE CONQUERER)