From:
julie johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:55:16 -0500
please cross post

http://www.theferretschoice.net/rafflepage.html

First off I want to thank all those who have donated and bought tickets
so far, words can not express how much this mean to us.

I am extended the raffle and extra week in hopes of it bringing in
more money. This raffle is for 2 shelters, "Tricks and Treats" owned
and operated by Vicki Montgomery, and "The ferret's Choice" owned and
operated by Julie Johnson (me)

Vicki is located in Houston Texas. Her home was totally destroyed by
the devastation of Ike. There is still at least 3 foot of water still
standing in her house. Its that nasty black yuck water, it is not live
able and will need to be gutted. She lost everything, and she only had
structure insurance on her home, it does not cover the contents of her
home. Which includes ferret cages, ferret food, and other ferrety
items. Thank God she, her family and the ferrets got to safety and
are physically fine. The ferrets are staying at several foster homes
for now.

This is not your typical raffle, this is an urgent plea for help.
These little guys needs our help, their shelter mom needs our help.
Everything they had, their home, the play area, snuggling blankets,
food, is all gone. Life as they knew it, is no longer. So I beg you to
please go to the raffle page and buy tickets, make a donation, please
help!

If you have any questions or want to help in another way, you can
contact me at
[log in to unmask]       or       [log in to unmask]

Right now she has no electricity, cell phone use is patchy but I was
able to talk to her today for an update, which just broke my heart, she
is hoping to have water back on in the next couple of days. Not sure on
receiving mail. She is going to check on and let me know asap.

Again here is the raffle site

http://www.theferretschoice.net/rafflepage.html

julie

PS. Please keep prayers going for Vicki, Etta and Eri

--
Crazyferretmom (julie johnson) and the 13 fuzzbutts
Memory of Sidney Sue, Slinky, Allie Boy, Polo Man , Roscoe, Fiona,

Go check out the Raffle for Ferrets, help support the fuzzys

http://www.theferretschoice.net/rafflepage.html

Ebay store
http://stores.ebay.com/Ferret-Moms-United

http://www.myspace.com/juliecrazyferretmom