From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 20:08:34 -0400
Greetings!

Congratulations to Carinne on the adoption of her new friend Rascal! We
also adopted last week, and although I was very excited and wanted to
share, I've been busy nursing Bailey back to health (she's doing well
now!).

We went Thursday, to pick out a ferret that was originally supposed to be a
Christmas present, but things didn't quite work out in time for Christmas.
I had my heart sent on Forrest Gump, but that didn't quite work out either.

We picked out a 1 yr old, large fuzzy male,a chocolate mitt, who was very
negected and abused as a kit. He's very sweet, but a little skittish. He's
getting more comfortable every day.

We were picked out by a 1 1/2 year old sable male named Franklin. He
climbed on my lap and slept for the entire three hours we were at the
rescue. When he got out of the carrier in our apartment, he danced for an
hour! I guess he was just waiting for us to come get him! He's our first MF
ferret, and I thing he is the most affectionate yet! He and Pickles became
instant best friends, and he still comes looking for my lap when he through
playing! (Boy, these ferrets keep multiplying - even though they're all
fixed!)

Unfortunately, our little meany, Snitch is making things very rough. We
have tried everything to keep her from trying to kill the others. She only
likes Bandit, who was purchased at the same time as her, and Mo, who
recently died. We have tried introducing them through cages, giving
everyone baths together so that everyone smells the same, structured and
unstrustured intros. The result is always the same...with ears down, Snitch
turns into a missle, and attacks the other - causing screaming and
sometimes blood shed. This isn't rough wrestling, this is down right mean.
I need help! Anybody with any suggestions? I'm sure this has probably been
dealt with before - although I don't know if anyone has a meany like Snitch
(she's great with Todd & I - it's the rest of the world she hates) so
rather than bore everyone, please email me!

Thanks!
Andi & Todd
Bailey, Bandit, Franklin, Pickles, Snitch, and the unnamed buddy