From:
Ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:53:51 -0000
>From:    George Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Further to my posts on feral ferrets, it would appear that the
>Department of Fish and Game believe that feral ferrets exist in the US.
>There is some interesting information on this site
> http://www.dfg.ca.gov/hcpb/species/nuis_exo/ferret/ferret_issues_2.shtml

A lot of links to the NFWS Web Site from the above URL... sorry folks but
the site is about ferrets and ferreting in the UK.  We use ferrets for
hunting rabbits, nothing like a good rabbit stew with dumplings on a cold
day.  The ferrets also get their share of the rabbit as well.  The links
the F & G are using will soon be gone as the NFWS Web Site now has a new
URL and the redirection signs will be disappearing in the next month or
so.

>I would just like to make it clear however, that I do not endorse
>California's ban on keeping ferrets.

My sentiments exactly... there are obviously lots of pet ferrets already
in CA and also ones being legally kept in neighbouring states.  Has
anyone noticed a sudden demise in the native fauna in CA?

>[Moderator's note: I'm preparing myself for the slew of responses on
>this one.  Oh well... at least today was a light day.  BIG]

BIG with a bit of luck the target for this subject will be the Dept of
F & G and not individuals.
[I wasn't worried about individuals, just lots of volume.  BIG]

Sheila

--
Bolton Ferret Welfare Web Site:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ferreter/bolton.htm   last update 5 Dec 2002

Waiting at Rainbow Bridge:- Jill, Deanna Troi, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill, Bobby, Jasper, Inga, Holly, Fergle, Amanda, Sparky, Daniel,
Blackie, Marvin, Claude, Bumper, Kurt, Tasha Yar, Larry, Lily, Ben,
Fritz, Dax, Kelley, McCoy, Brock, Snowy, Dumpling, Buddy, Stumpy,
Treacle, Max, Scrap, Vanessa, Sarek, Paw Paw, Badger, T.D, Spooky,
Stanley & Tara