Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:21:49 +0000
Been awhile since I posted but days ago, someone was asking about chemo
for ferrets with Lymphoma. I've heard several people that have had good
luck with it so I've been trying it on my ferret that has A thynoma (he
also has hypertrophic cardio (yes, a double whammy).

So far I can say, he's regained his strength, he can breathe easier
and is doing really great. He's very alert, walks around and even has
succumbed to playing with me again. He's kind of big (fat) and big
boned (late alter) so at 4.5 lbs he doesn't dance much but attitude
wise and ability wise, he's doing better than he has in weeks.

Bascially it's cheaper than older traditional chemo treatments and it
doesn't seem to make him feel bad at all. He gets one more treatment
(one to start, then one in three weeks). There is also another low dose
daily treatment that is getting rave reviews called Metronomic therapy :)

Leanne and da fuzzies