From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 01:13:22 -0800
     "Oh,"  Wiggles gasped.  "This is terrible news."
     "No presents?"  Sammi sobbed.
     "Boo-hoo!"  Maxie cried.
     "Wait a second,"  Rosie declared.  "If this Santa guy really exists,
then why don't we help him deliver the presents?"
     "Yeah,"  Shiva added.  "I want to see if he is real or not!"
     "No!"  Wiggles stated.  "We are still trying to make Mother and Father
believe our story about Fang, and the forest, and they are still wondering
where Shiva came from!  We can't cause any more trouble!"
     "So who is going with Shiva and I?"  Rosie announced, dancing and
dooking in circles.
     "I want to meet Santa!"  Sammi answered.
     "Me too!"  Maxie said.
     "This is ludicrous!"  Wiggles declared.
     "Miss Wiggles,"  Rosie proclaimed.  "Do you really want all of those
children and ferrets out there in the big world to go without presents this
year?  Think of all of the good we will be doing for others!"
     "I guess you are right,"  Wiggles stated.  "But we had better be home
before the sun rises, and Mother and Father wake up!"
     "No problem,"  Rosie answered.
     "How are we going to get all the way to the North Pole?"  Maxie asked.
     "We could take Dad's truck again!"  Sammi provided.
     "No,"  Rosie stated.  "I've got a better idea.  Follow me!"
     "Where are we going?"  Maxie asked, watching Rosie grab a pawful of
stamps and a big envelope from the desk in the office.
     "Help me open the front door,"  Rosie stated.  The five girls climbed
atop each other's shoulders, and Rosie unlatched the lock to the door and
tuned the knob with her paws.  She pulled the door open slowly.
     "It's cold outside,"  Sammi said, shivering.
     "Well,"  Rosie declared.  "Start running and you'll warm up!  Besides,
we've got to make it to the post office before it closes!"
     "Doesn't it close at 5 o'clock?"  Shiva asked, following Rosie down the
street.
     "On Christmas it stays open until midnight!"  Rosie answered.  The
girls ran with all of their might and finally made it to the post office.
     "Follow me,"  Rosie commanded, and led her sisters inside the back
door.  They were in the shipping room where piles of mail in sacks were
waiting to be sent.  Two men were here also, working late.
     "Are you almost ready with the airmail?"  One of the men asked the other.
     "Yeah,"  The other man answered.  "Five minutes.  The truck is all loaded."
     "Quick,"  Rosie declared.  "Let's go back outside!"
     "This is crazy!"  Wiggles stated.
     "Climb into the back of the mail truck,"  Rosie stated.  The girls
quickly jumped into the back of the open truck and hid under some packages.
     "Now what do we do?"  Shiva asked.
     "Get inside this envelope,"  Rosie instructed.  She had attached a pile
of stamps and licked the end of the envelope.
     "It is cramped in here,"  Maxie said.
     "Are we all in?"  Rosie asked, as she pulled the envelope closed after
she had entered.
     "Yes,"  Wiggles stated.  "We are all here.  What in the world are you
up to?"
     "Well,"  Rosie answered, smiling.  "We will be at the North Pole in a
couple of hours!"
     "Woah,"  Sammi declared.  "We're gonna meet Santa Claus!"

     (to be continued...)