From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:30:16 -0800
This year's Christmas Card Exchange once again showed how deeply we all
care about ferrets-our own and those less fortunate who must rely on the
kindness of a shelter mom or dad.  The sixty-five people who participated
in the Christmas Card Exchange donated a total of $520.00!  And there are
still a few I haven't heard from yet, so the total may climb a little
higher.

I want to thank everyone who reached a little deeper into their pockets
to help bring the total to this wonderful amount.  I know this time of
year is a difficult time for many and finding that spare dollar isn't
easy.  You are a very special group of people and on behalf of Support
Our Shelters, I thank you for the support you've given us....not only
through the Card Exchanges, but through all the SOS functions.  We
simply could not exist without you.

I also want to thank everyone for the wonderful cards and gifts I
received.  Over the next few days, I will be sending individual messages,
but I wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciated everything that
was sent.  Some of the cards were just too cute for words...and the
pictures of ferrets were great, too!  One whole wall in my dining room
is nothing but ferret cards and pictures.  And those of you who took the
time to write letters, thank you!  The only thing I like better than
looking at ferret pictures is reading a letter from a ferret-lover!

Again, thank you to everyone who not only helped to make my Christmas
special, but helped to make sure a shelter ferret will be safe, warm
and getting the care it needs!  Thank you all!

Judy Cooke
Support Our Shelters