From:
Angela Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:10:45 EST
I own three one year old ferrets.  One male, Chewbaca, two females, Roxanne
and Adrianne.  When I originally bought the ferrets they were going to stay
inside.  I had to move them to the garage because my father is allergic.
My father since claimed they stunk up the garage which he uses as a workout
room.  He built them a very large cage in the backyard and moved them
there.  Since it was summer time I didn't think it would bother them.  I
gave them plenty of shade and water.  They even seemed to enjoy it.
However, it's winter here in North Carolina and it's getting down to the
high twenties at night.  My father attached an animal carrier to the side
of the cage with flannel clothes inside and a blanket and tarp over the
outside for warmth.  Then another tarp over the whole cage and insulation
over the water bottles just in case.  He says the three of them can keep
each other warm and will be okay.  I was wondering what you guys thought of
this?  So far they seem okay when I bring them into play, but I don't want
to endanger them.  He won't let me keep them in just at night--I already
asked.

Angie Young
Raleigh, North Carolina