From:
Melinde Marija MacDiarmid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 1996 07:06:51 -0700
Thought-what needs to be done on the fund for ferrets:

  1.  Designate someone
      1. open a checking account and get a visa debit card (acts like a
         visa, but debits out of the checking accout.

      2. Go to the court house and register a non-profit organization.

      3. Fml er's can send money, wire xfer money, etc.

      4.  Vets can either take the visa card or wire xfer $ from the
          non-profit checking to the vet or person needing help.

          1.  Just make sure you document all ins and outs for IRS
              purposes.  (Just keep a good and clean set of books)

Sherri-
I think that's crazy on putting a ferret to sleep-If a dog or cat bits in a
vets office all they think of is they were afraid.  Poor ferts get a bum rap
at times.  They are the sweetest, funniest litter critters that I know of.
Love them all.

Josie-
Hope things get better-our little fuzzies seem to know when we need a laugh
or some lovin.

Holly-
My vet told me to flip them on the nose when they bite hard.  GiGi was a
nipper, but no more than a puppy or kitten trying to play.  It's amazing how
alittle ferret gets more flack than cats & dogs.

Richard-
If you get any data on the program for ferrets, please let me know.  Thanks

Jim-
You are correct the FML is there for all to enjoy.  If I could I would save
the world, but we all know that one person can't possibly do it all or even
try to afford it.  I do my best to help what falls in my path or comes my
way.  I love all animals sooooooo very much.  Nothing is more loyal or
loving.

Melinde & GiGi #:>)

psssss-please all the little fuzzies and owners get well.