From:
"Morris, Paula" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:18:00 -0500
Kat, I have recently had experience with my little girl, Fidget, similar to
what you are having with Charlie.  She got to where she couldn't walk at
all....she drug herself around with her front legs!  She could not keep her
feet together and under her.  She didn't seem to have any sensation in her
back feet.  She shivered violently (pain?) and had no stamina to speak of.
We went through blood tests and Clavamox and Prednisone and x-rays and
over-night observation stays and several dollars.  The vet said the next
step was ultrasound and exploratory.

Then.....a friend of mine has an Australian Shepherd that does fly-ball.
Cheyenne was have trouble with limping and skipping as she ran.  My friend
took her to a veterinary chiropractor and had some good results.  I had
told Fidget's vet that I was worried Fidget had been injured.  My husband
had flung her across the room when she latched onto his hand.  The x-rays
didn't show any apparent injury and the vet poo-pooed the idea of
chiropractic......I took her anyway.

The day after her adjustment, Fidget was showing improvement and, three
days after, she was on her way to walking again.  Now, two weeks later, she
is using her rear legs in an almost normal manner.  Her gait has always
been unusual and one hip shows a slight abnormality (x-ray), so I'm not too
concerned.  She still looses her balance on slick surfaces and her feet
slide out from under her, but the improvement is dramatic!

Maybe chiropractic would help Charlie.  The twist on his head reminds me of
the crick in my neck that kept me from moving my head!  I can't remember
where you are located.  I am in the Dallas, TX metroplex.  If you are
interested and can't find an animal chiroprator in your area, I could ask
Dr. Giggleman ( !  ) if he knows of one.  Dr G's fee is $40.00 per
adjustment.  The first visit was $45.00.  He started Fidget at 2 week
intervals.  We went back today and, depending on the results, I'll probably
take her again.

Hope this helps.......I'm very pleased with our results!

Paula.....andFannie&Fidget