From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:57:18 -0400
Here's why, fert lovers:

Although you might not know it, New England boasts a HUGE number of
ferret-lovers, ferret rescuers, and shelters.  In a 5-state land mass
that altogether is not a whole lot bigger than the state of Atlanta,
there are more than 10 ferret shelters - four in New Hampshire alone!!
Besides the number of shelters, all of whom have dedicated, ferret-loving
volunteers and associates, there is also New England Ferret Foster,
Education, and Rescue, Inc., which is a rescue/education/support resource.

There is no prettier time in New England than the first two weeks of
October - our trees have burst into red, yellow, and orange flames, there
are pumpkin fields as far as the eye can see, and the weather is usually
perfect, with cool evenings and days that still climb into the 70's.
Perfect ferret weather!!

There are airports in or near Boston, Hartford, Cape Cod, Burlington
Vermont, Manchester, NH, Portland, Maine, and Providence, Rhode Island.
We have historical landmarks in all states, including famous Salem,
Massachusetts, Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower.  New Hampshire has some
of New England's most popular beaches and attractions.  And you haven't
had lobster till you've had a freshly caught Maine lobster for dinner!
Wouldn't you Western ferret folks love to take in a Symposium AND take
a field trip to pick your own crisp New England apples to take home?

And most importantly, I don't think it's possible for me to adequetely
express the number of ferret enthusiasts we're hiding up here in New
England.  A Symposium held up here in our neck of the woods would have
great attendance, a load of help planning and hosting, and a unique New
England flavor that folks might really love!!

So hey - how about a Symposium in Boston, Hartford, Manchester,
Providence, Cape Cod, Portland, Burlington, New Haven, or another one
of our great New England cities?

Ayuh...it'd be a blast!!!

-Heather Wojtowicz
 New England Ferret Lover in good company!!