From:
"Lockemer, Todd" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 09:42:39 -0400
I am not doing real well over this.  Frosty's second birthday was this
Sunday.  This was way too early to lose him.  Shortly after my post
yesterday I got the call from the vet that Frosty need exploratory surgery.
The barium test didn't fair well so the doctor had cleared his schedule for
it in the afternoon.  Later in the afternoon the vet called and said that
things didn't look good.  Frosty had a perforated stomach and the prognoses
wasn't favorable.  A decision had to be made about whether to go all out or
let him go.  I was in shock and just said "I don't know what to do".  He
advised that if it were him and his ferret he wouldn't put him through it.
Then he had to put me on hold and when he came back he said Frosty made the
decision for us.  He died on the table while the vet was on the phone with
me.  I am very hurt and upset over it.  I feel guilty like I should have
done something more, but I try to realize I did the best I could.  I love
all of my ferrets very much, but Frosty was the one I had a special
connection with.  I can't express how much I miss him already.  He was my
buddy.

Fairwell Frosty.  I hope you are in a better place over the rainbow bridge.

Todd
- Snickers, Kimba, Duchess - only three now :`(