From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:59:48 -0600
I'm not sure what happened but Pumkin is finally calming down, perhaps it
is the winter setting in.  Pumkin is one of the Denmarks that had a
'different' temperment.  There were certain ferrets that came after Pumkin
that he just could not stand.  He would hunt them out and bully them.  Now
all he has to do is look at them and they squeal.  Yesterday evening I
heard a soft squealing and went to see who was getting who.  Pumkin was in
the hammock with old Taz and was rolling on him.  When I walked into the
room he stopped and looked up at me.  I told him to quit and gently put my
hand on the back of his neck to help him down from the hammock.  He hopped
down and flat ferreted for me.  I picked him up and lavished him with hugs
and when I put him down he went on his way, never looking back at Taz.
Later he chased Peanut out of the dog house and just looked at him.  I
picked up Pumkin and took him into the living room where again he went on
his merry way.  Perhaps his rambunctiousness was due to his being a juvenile
delinquent and now he is growing into a fine upstanding adult.  :-)

I let Zipper, our most kissiest, loving, gentle ferret see the hedgies.
She tried to sniff Putter but he just balled up so after several attempts
she switched tactics and started pawing at him.  To avoid stress for either
critter I cut the visitation short.

The hedgies urine has a strong odor and both ferrets that normally live in
the open front bedroom moved out.  I can smell the odor.  You'd think in a
house full of ferrets the hedgie odor would not be noticed but NOOOOO, it
has to be stronger. :-(  Oh, I clean the cage every single night so it
isn't a cleanliness problem.  The boys are not sanitary at all. :-(  I'm
hoping to get the odor problem taken care of by trying a different bedding
in the bottom of their cage.  We'll see.  (sigh)

Different people are sensitive to different odors.  I love the warm soft
musky smell of the ferrets and hedgie people say their hedgies don't have
an odor.  Guess I'm on the other side of the fence now. :-0

My condolences to all that have lost or have sick fuzzies.

Everyone have a safe halloween.  Hugs to all. tle