From:
Jose Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:36:29 -0500
Hello FML,

I have a 6 year old fuzzy who recently developed insulinoma.  She
currently is on Prednisolone.  Along with having hind-end weakness, and
some hair loss at the tip of her tail, she has some muscle atrophy and is
losing so much weight...all though she eats a lot (Totally Ferret/Eukanuba
kitten mix).  I have tried various duck soup recipes to try and get her
more protein and less carbs, and also for weight gain, but she will have
nothing to do with any of them...she won't even eat any baby food of any
kind.  She does love her ferretone though!  Anyone have any good
ideas/recipes they used for their picky ferts?

The whole "Rude Little Weasel" string of posts were hilarious although
I think every guy on the FML cringed while reading them and thought
otherwise!  ;-)

Also, Melody - your version of Hey Weasel was very cute!  I liked No
Doubt's song Hey Baby when it first came out, but found it annoying after
the radio station played it to death here, so you're version was
refreshing!  I found myself singing it to myself at the office.  :-)

>From:    Tracy Gregg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: swollen vulva
>Can adrenal disease present only as a swollen vulva without any hair loss?

Tracy, yes, ferrets can show signs of adrenal with a swollen vulva and no
hair loss.  My Roo (RooBear) started showing signs of adrenal with a
swollen vulva and never had any hair loss at all, in fact her coat was
very nice and healthy (although she did lose some weight).  She underwent
adrenal surgery on both sides but will occassionally still show a swollen
vulva.  She is doing very well and has gained her weight back, has a
beautiful coat and has more energy than she knows what to do with. :-)

Warm *fuzzy* hugs!
Tracy
Tango, Chico, Roo, Spunky & Leah