From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 01:14:30 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge and SaraFerret was as usual just
hanging out at her cottage. All of a sudden she saw the flutter of
wings and in flew Mimi, the little girl courier with a note in her
paws.

"HI SaraFerret, do you remember greeting Snickers. She mustve arrived
around Jan 8th. Well, her Daddy is wondering if she got here safe. Here
is all the info from the Boss. Is there anything you need for me to
do?'

I looked over de note and den I remembered de date she came across. I
went over to my desk and checked my notes. Sure enough dere dey were.
So I sent Mimi on to courier village and told her I would refresh my
mind over everything.

It was a day like dis when Snickers de little chocolate sable came
across de bridge. I introduced myself to her, and told her all about de
Rainbow Bridge and how she would have no more pain and all of a sudden
she was all beautiful again just like she had been when she had first
come to Daddy's house in Florida before she had taken his long trip to
Texas. Dat fuzzy had been had traveling gal. Den she showed me what
she had sneaked across in her secret backpack--a piece of daddy's
sweatpants--just a small piece--he wouldn't miss it much. Den I showed
her my wings and told her she would get a pair and so we headed down de
path to de Wing House, where she got a beautiful pair of silver wings
with black streaks--now wouldn't dat look pretty on a chocolate sable.
When she got to her new cottage she saw her welcoming committee and
she knew dat daddy had been right--dere was Maxie, Kabookie, Dell,
Lily, little Gizmo, Walter and Fatboy and she was so surprised.

Finally I reached de cottage where I found everyone asleep. I had to
knock a number of times to wake someone up. Finally Snickers came to
de door. "Oh hi, SaraFerret, What can we do for you?"

"Snickers, I have received a request from your Daddy Neal wondering if
you made it to de Bridge ok and maybe you could send a message to him."

So Snickers got herself together (well in fact --everyone came along--
you know how us fuzzies are--invite one--invite all) and we headed for
de Misting Pond. We sat down beside de cool clear water and with one
swish we saw a vision of Daddy Neal and his fuzzies appear. Snickers
started waving and dooking with all of her might. "Daddy, I love you.
Thank you for loving me. Thank you for taking care of me. I have
beautiful wings now and I can fly. I have found my friends here just
like you said I would and I can play now and I don't hurt any more."

Den she started to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of
her love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to
your house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed
dere and with another swish de vision was gone. So we left dere and
dey headed back to dere cottage to go back to sleep.

Den I heard de Voice from above:

"SaraFerret, I am beginning to think that when it comes to this posting
you are slower than molasses in January."

"Sir," I replied. "I guess since its still January, I must be Lassie."

As I headed back to my cottage, I puzzled over what January, a collie
on TV, and postings had in common.

So ended another day at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter