From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1992 22:07:26 -0400
ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALLERT ALERT ALERT ALERT
The Hurricane that hit Miami has evidently wiped out the Miami Ferret
Club.  We of the Ferret Friends of Indian River County have tried in
Vane to reach them.  We know that as of 2:00PM on Saturday 21, August
Angela Espinet President of Miami Ferret Club had boarded up the
Shelter (at the time I talked
to Angela Miami was under mandatory evacuation orders).  Angela informed
us that she planned to stay as long as possible because she had 50
ferrets in the Shelter and 2 large dogs.  She also said that if worse
came to worse she would gather up the handicapped and sick ferrets and
call her brother to come over and help at least to evacuate said
ferrets to 14 miles west of her location.  Unfortunately the hurricane
came into miami within 5 miles of her home/shelter.  Anyone with any
information about Angela please call us as 407-567-0994.  I will
begin to organize the Ferret Friends to help The Miami club and hopefully
we will not be to late.  Anyone on this Mailing list who has a Ham
Radio.  We are trying to find what has happen to Angela and the Ferrets
and assist them in any way we Can.  The name is Miami Ferret Club.
Angela Espinet address is 19225 SW 93rd Road Miami, Florida, telephone
number was (before storm hit)   305-251-8647.  If you reach Angela
Tell her to call Chere McCoy at 407-567-0994 - we will try to assist.