From:
faithful <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:50:41 -0500
I can't believe it...ferret math has struck already...
When my Honey and I first adopted our little Pumba, we actually wanted to
get two lil fuzzy's.  We waited to make sure that I could keep up with
one, (Pumba is a free roamer), and I knew that it would occupy a good
portion of my time until she settled in.  (Ferret proofing a house is
quite time consuming!)

In the past few days I've received wonderful responces from many from the
list..  I mentioned in one reply that I was thinking of adopting a brother
or sister for Pumba, so she could have someone to romp with.  Mary was so
generous in her reply, telling me about the AFA website.  I immediately
visted the site... Imagine my surprise when I found out there was a ferret
shelter only 15 minutes from my home!  (I had no idea, I recently moved
to this area... and never dreamed there would be a shelter so close!)  I
phoned the shelter right away and was told they had 9 ferrets that they
were currently caring for.  After talking with my Honey last night, he
gave me the okay to adopt again!!

Pumba and I went to visit the shelter today to find just the right brother
or sister.  They lil fuzzy's were so adorable, it was nearly impossible to
choose.  We first visted with two little fuzzys whe were caged together.
They were both jills, one albino and a beautiful little sable.  (an adult
version of Pumba).  I was told that the shelter did not want to separate
them, as they were brought in together and have slept and played together
since being there.  Pumba was so excited to finally be able to play with
one of her kind she raced after the little albino.  I'm not sure if this
surprised the lil albino, or got her angry.  They rough housed a few
minutes, then the albino grabbed Pumba by the top of her head and dragged
her across the floor.  We decided that maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to
add a third fuzzy to the duo.  (Though they were beautiful).  Next we met
a sweet male.  I'm not sure what his age is, but the shelter said he was
probably between 1 and 2 years old.  He looks like a panda, legs dark
brown, body white with black on the tips of his hair.  He has a distinct
mask and the sweetest brown eyes.  Pumba took to Him immediately.  They
played for about 20 minutes, running and jumping together... We decided
to look no further.

So... ferret math has already struck... and his name is Koto.  (I know, I
know... but my Honey named him... that was sort of our agreement... Pumba
is my little girl, Koto is his little boy... ~smiles~)

I'm anxious to see how he and Pumba get along.  I know I have a lot to
learn about being a ferret mommie (and I'm sorta hoping Koto can help me
in raising Pumba... ~grins~).

Right now, poor little Koto is tuckered out under the sofa.  (I'm sure
Pumba gave him a run for his money today!)

Thanks for letting me share... I'm so excited to be a mommie~
~blessings
~~faith

~*~aka:  Pumba & Kato's mommie~*~