From:
Tressie Dutchyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2011 07:12:49 -0300
Some well thought out comments have been made regarding Triple F, and
there have also been understandable, gut level, emotional knee-jerk
reactions. I would like to add my thoughts to the discussion.

While I do not support PETA on principle for reasons others have
already made, I do believe organizations like PETA serve a purpose in
a society. Granted they are the extremists, but they are also the bell
ringers, drawing attention to injustices, or in this case, animal
cruelty. And for this reason alone, they have value.

In terms of Triple F itself and the conditions presented in the video,
it may not be the case that what was shown in the video is happening
to every single ferret there - but does that matter?

What we can all agree on is that it does strongly point to a lack of
monitoring the ferrets in general by qualified veterinary personnel.
And let's not be naïve and assume that just because someone is a
veterinarian it means they have moral reasoning and care about the
animals they are responsible for.

Bottom line, if even a handful of ferrets in that facility have
suffered the terrible cruelty depicted in the video, Triple F should be
held accountable for allowing it to happen at all. And we, the ferret
community have to act, whether it is to write letters, consider whether
we have room to take in even one rescue, post the video, send money to
help the effort -- do SOMETHING other than argue about the veracity of
the allegations.

Tressie

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi