From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 16:09:50 -0600
Hi, all!  I've been lurking for awhile and thought I'd introduce myself.
I've been interested in ferrets since this past summer, and it took lots of
loaded comments to my fiance before he gave in and said we could have a
ferret.  So now we have an adorable MF male, sable, named Hodge.  He's
about 10 weeks old.

My questions are:  at what age to ferrets settle down enough to let you
hold them for more than 3 seconds?  Hodge likes us both, and he likes the
cats.  It's obvious, if I'm more than 3 feet away from him, he'll look for
me.  But he doesn't want to be held or cuddled or scratched or rubbed or
anything.  He's too busy playing!  Does anyone know when he will calm down
a bit?

Also, I was just wondering, how do ferrets dook?  I mean, what do they do
to make that noise?  Hodge dooks alot, especially while playing w/ our
mentally retarded formerly abused cat (who loves Hodge - thinks Hodge is
the greatest plaything).

To the person who just lost Vixen:  You have my condolences.  Your message
moved me to tears.  I extend a net-hug to you.

To Laura L'Heureux re: Marshall Farms:  I didn't get around to replying
when you posted, but I'd like to say that you said exactly what I was
thinking, and I thought your post was very eloquent and praiseworthy.

-------CA & DA (the humans), Eudora, semismart cat, Graham, dumb cat, and
Hodge the hyperactive ferret