From:
Steve Bodofsky Productions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 20:14:06 -0500
Things are getting pretty desperate at the Last Chance Ferret Rescue,
just outside of Philadelphia, PA. We're well into triple digits, with
no letup in sight. We've had more than two dozen dumped on us in the
last two months, and with the holidays almost upon us, you can bet
we'll be seeing another big hit soon.

There's no one else accepting ferrets in the tri-state area, and we get
calls from five different SPCAs, not to mention the many individuals
who "just can't keep their ferrets any longer."

We're not asking for money. Oh, don't get me wrong; money's great. We
love donations, and we can always use financial assistance. Our food
and litter bills are hundreds of dollars a month, and our vet bills run
into the thousands. We're a 501(c)3 non-profit, so donations are tax
deductible.

But right now what we need far more than money are volunteers and
adopters. We lost a couple volunteers over the last few months, and
it's getting harder to keep the rescue going.

If you're in the Philadelphia area and can offer just a few hours a
week, please... give us a call. Or, if you'd be willing to add a ferret
(or maybe a dozen or so!) to your family, call and set up an adoption
appointment.

Thanks,
Steve Bodofsky
The Last Chance Ferret Rescue