Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:54:39 -0700
Well, it's been sometime since I posted to the FML, and I decided it was
finally time to reacquaint myself with everyone all over again... It's
been an interesting 2001 and thankfully, I can say with great confidence,
that it is nearly over.

2001 brought the end of the last in a line of ferrets that I thought would
live forever, but alas, I was wrong.  Just when I thought that my heart
could not feel more pain, it proved me wrong.  These precious little guys
do not live nearly as long as we would like them to, but that is the
blessing that they give us... to learn to spend true quality time with
what little we are given.  2001 also brought new ferrets to my home and
that too is a blessing, for a home filled with love is empty when there is
no one to share it with.  And so I have been blessed with the hearts of
many little ferrets over the years and that is why I have joy beyond what
I can carry in my heart.

2001 also showed me the downside of human nature and that friends are
not always what they appear to be.  I have been harassed, hounded, and
mistreated by those that think they are doing all of it for the right
reasons but in short, all they showed was their lack of compassion, and
their true lack of wanting to do best for ferrets.  Issues became personal
when the cause of ferrets should have always been kept in the forefront,
and it is because of a couple of short sighted individuals that I will
continue my quest and defense of ferrets without their help.  A true heart
will always guide a pure soul to the rights of what is morally correct...
but a corrupt heart will always please the self and not what is in the
best interest of those we are trying to save...

2001 also showed me the true blessing of friendships who went against the
grain in order to do so, and for those individuals I commend you for
seeing what was always there to see...

So for 2002, I want to give special thanks to those that have given me the
reason to push on, to strive for more, to help in the pursuit of truth...
I want to thank Akela, our little female, who was on death row and sexed
as an older male... You have shown me happiness is for those that find it,
that even when you are alone, you are surrounded with love.  And to Bella,
who in her old age, has shown me that cuddling is reserved for any old
time, and not just for special occasions.  To Charlie, who has shown me
that everything must be explored to the fullest, even if it means having
a mess to clean up afterwards.  To Cherokee, that flying is meant for
squirrels and not for those short in leg and long in body, but to end up
in my arms most time is most gratifying... thank you for your unending
effort.  To Gadget, our newly appointed watch dog... who has shown us that
ears are meant for kissing and not just listening, and that he is always
there when we need him.  To Lace... being 11 has shown us that being old
does not mean being submissive.  Your ability to handle the tough boys
are inspirational and truly amazing to watch... you have shown me that no
matter how old you are, age means nothing when it comes to getting what
you want.  To Mr. B... who has shown me that fear is just another thing to
conquer and that nothing is impossible.  To Mushu, thanks for showing me
that anytime is time for cuddling and that back rubs are to be appreciated
anytime they are given.  To Ping, thank you for showing me that having an
attitude makes one stand out above the crowd, my little Hisser.  To
Rayden, thank you for showing me that when you have the energy to harass
others, you must use it and do so.  Thanks for keeping the other ferrets
in line, on their toes, and on the run!  You are a card!  To Sammy, whom
we gave the second chance of life to, we are so blessed to have you with
us and have you show us that there are guardian angels amongst us all.  To
Sateeva, who showed us that it is always best to look on the bright side
of things even under the most stressed of circumstances.  We are glad you
will never have to see a garage again.  To Slim who showed us that life is
for the living, and love is for all.  Thank you for the joy you carry in
your heart all the time.  To Spaz, who has shown us that there is time to
surrender and a time to continue the battle... we are ever grateful that
you choose to battle the illness within you and bless us with more time.
You are a inspiration beyond inspiration, and your steadfastness in being
such a trooper has not gone unnoticed... I thought I was going to lose
you, but you made it to Christmas once again... To Thalia, who showed us
that time, love and patience wins over a burned heart any day.  We never
gave up on you, and you never gave up on us.  To Uh-Oh!  who shows us that
everyday, every moment is time for play, and that there is no reason for
sadness ever.  Your joy has given us more than we could to you.... I wish
we could harness it and give it to the world!  And to Zsa-Zsa, who showed
us that little didn't mean being walked over, age is just another reason
to try more things, and life is for the living.

So gang, I hope your Christmas was a good one and that the new year brings
joy and happiness.  To those that have lost their loved ones, my heart
cries out to you for it knows and feels your pain.

hugs to all
betty and her blur o'fur
for the love of ferrets