From:
kj smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:34:46 -0800
I have completed my first small step of many to come.  I hope to cover miles
over time.  Recently I was looking for info in my state (SC) about the
current status of ferrets and if the 1998 rabies compendium applied.  I WAS
IN SHOCK to find out that ferrets were listed as RODENTS and a common
carrier of rabies!  This may have been a mistake of the person editing the
web page but I kindly sent a letter in that told them the truth.  I got this
back;

** High Priority **

Kathy,
Thanks for pointing out the mis-classification of the ferret on our Rabies
page.  I have removed its reference from the rodent category.  To help
improve any negative publicity through association, ferrets are no longer
mentioned on the page.

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of the error.

I'm still clueless on what the status of ferrets are in my state but at
least they are now not known as rodents or common rabies carriers.  I'm just
correction the errors as I go along!  :) I have sent out other mails to
various people, this is the first one I've gotten back (it took about two
weeks for the Re:) Took a while but it's here.

Kathy (it's a big deal to me)
Sosha (I'm not assosiated with rabies on the SC HD page!)