From:
"Christopher A. Frick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 08:51:30 -0500
Hi all,
Need to say something about my post yesterday--it was a poor attempt at
humor.  That being said and in response to Leslie's Bean having nightmares
(whimpering and wheezing), Betty sometimes does this when she sleeps.  Not
really wheezing, but she does make quiet squeeking noises sometimes.  She
*has* to be dreaming.  Chopper will sometimes move around a little, but no
noises that I'm aware of yet.  By the way, Chop is doing great--recovered
from the "episode" of bad vaccination reactions that he had quite well.

I think it's so cute when she does this.  Well, It scared me at first.
Like Leslie, I also thought that Betty was hurt/disturbed/having
nightmares, but when she started to do it everytime she went to sleep, and
she too was in a really deep sleep (perhaps late stage/REM sleep?), I kind
a put 2 and 2 together (to get 5--hey, it's a ferret, right?) and passed it
off as dreaming.  She doesn't have any serious behavioral problems, other
than biting too hard when playing, I don't physically abuse her (nose
flicking, for example), and she's wonderful with her high "hit rate" when
nature calls.  Of course I *am* missing several pair of dirty socks...

Dooks to all,
Chris, slave of weasel