From:
Mary Segalla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:58:32 EST
>From:   Cindy Scheidt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Update on the DMK  re-surrenders

Wouldn't it be great if we could give the 50 plus McKids at Lori's a
forever home for Christmas? Can we do it? Is it possible? Can you open
your heart to one more special ferret? Hopefully some can stretch a
little bit more, and take these in to their lives, to be part of their
own family.

I spoke with Cindy today. She is going to Lori's again tomorrow to help
with all the new McKids there. She told me how beautiful this bunch
is, and how forgiving they are. They are eager for new homes. I wish I
could take a couple more. But at this point I have had The Big Foot go
down, and I am told I am at my limit. Four is more than I have ever
gotten away with, so I should be content...but I would love to have
one or two show up on my doorstep for Christmas.

These guys are ready to go: they have their vaccinations, and have been
"fixed". Lori took care of all that. All they need is a home of their
own.

Please, can we help empty Lori's shelter of this new group? Please,
let's keep them in the forefront of what this is all about. I'm sure
there has to be someone who feels like me and would love one to show
up at their house on Christmas morning, who can get away with it.....

I love my McKids. Fox is definitely living up to his name. I named him
Fox because when I took him out of his horrid little cage in Ohio to
check him out, he was bright orange like a fox. Now he is a beautiful
cinnamon. And he is crazy like a fox! He loves to leap at me first
thing in the morning, arms outstretched, and wrap his little body
around my leg while grinning up at me. What a joy he is.

Bear was named because he acts just like a teddy bear, he just melts
in to you when you pick him up and cuddles. He is young, but doesn't
seem to in to playing, preferring to hide from Fox's aggressive rough
housing. Just as sweet as he can be, with his black nose, legs and
tail. He was also named Bear after a black bear who spent the summer
at our house (really).

Little Scarlet is older, her haunches, though once probably sable,
are now full of white. She has lost her orange appearance leaving her
little roman nose and face white. She is becoming a chubby little
thing, since she convinced me in Ohio she was a "special needs" ferret,
and now insists she still is, needing her porridge of baby food turkey
and Bob Church's chicken gravy twice a day. No one is sure how old she
is, because her teeth are all broken off from trying to escape the
horrific conditions she spent her life in. Until now. I am blessed
and privileged to be allowed to change that for them all.

These are such special ferrets, and here is a new bunch needing homes.

Mary in Virginia
Owned by Bianka the White and The McKids: Fox, Bear and Scarlet

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals.  Proverbs 12:10