From:
TannerMini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:57:01 EDT
Hello all and greetings from sunny NM.

I have a question on testing Grumpy my Silver Mitt male to see if he is
indeed fertile.  I purchased a breeding pair of Silvers last year, with the
intentions of having some Silver babies.  He has been with 3 Jills and so
far all of them have come back into heat.  At this point I have my doubts
that he is fertile.  I called my vet this AM, and she didn't have an answer
for me either, but said she would check into it and get back with me.  Has
anyone else had a ferret checked to see if he is fertile???  Yes I am
disapointed, as I have been wanting Silvers for many years, and now this
happens.  So far I have not notified the breeder I purchased them from,
since I don't know for sure yet.  I don't know what she will do if it comes
down to it.  Considering I did not get what I originally wanted, "KITS" I
landed up with 5-6 month olds, who had ZERO manners.  This also explains why
my baby Sassy stayed in heat and did not take.  She was spayed, since I did
not wanted to risk loosing her.  The vet did not find anything wrong and
could not explain why she did not get pregnant.

Second Q.  After I had Sassy (a one yr old sable female) spayed, she turned
into my shadow.  She will follow me around where ever I go and will not
leave my site for even a minute.  She has always been very sweet and gives
tons of kisses, but since her surgery she has gotten 100 times worth.  Don't
get me wrong, I don't mind one bit.  But I didn't expect such a change in
her.  Has anyone else experienced this with an older female that was spayed
at a later time, (not infant age)???  Everyone else is doing great here:)))
If you have info on fertility testing that you had done please e-mail me
privately, there is no need to tie up the FML.

Thanks in advance

Mini and her gang of 8

Speedy... who will steal choc right out of your mouth....hehehe
Goldie and Dakota... more Nutri-Cal please...
Bandit...the big boy
Marge ....darn Niky's arm tastes sooo goood....lick lick CHUMP CHUMP
Sassy...Mom's shadow...where ever mom goes I go
Cheyenne and Grumpy....the long awaited Silvers