From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:28:45 +0100
Ulrike Hassold <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>fish meal, corn, poultry meal, tallow, zmegamore (which is a mix of oils
>including omega 6 and 3 oils), egg powder, chicken digest, milk powder,
>yeast
>
>I was just wondering, I think that I once heard that you should go for a
>ferret food that is high in chicken and avoid fishy foods.  Is that true?
>Or does this food sound okay?

I have been feeding Ferrets Choice to my ferrets for just over a year now
and they are doing OK on it.  My friends of The Wirral Guild of Ferreters
also use the food and their ferrets are in wonderful condition.

Companion's Choice Products attended the National Ferret Fair and Ulrike
could have talked to John Keen of CC about her concerns regarding the fish
content.  Anyway Ulrike you will have plenty of opportunity to talk to Mark
Orvad, John Keen or Brian Robinson of CC at the CLA Game Fair at Harewood
House on the 30th, 31st July and 1st August, at least one of them will be
joining the Bolton Ferret Welfare display and ferret racing at the show.

I've already spoken with Mark about the fish content and he assures me that
it is cold water white fish which is fine, and not oily fish which is bad
for ferrets.  The chickens which are used in the food are top quality fit
for human consumption birds, how many other pet food manufacturers can say
that?

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.
Membership Secretary & Editor of The National Ferret Welfare Society.
Web Site: www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm  last update 10 May 1999
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troy, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill, Bobby, Jasper & Inga