From:
Thomas and Tracy Lunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 11:08:57 -0500
I too had a similar experience with my ferret and a Tegu lizard I had at the
time.  (Besides being a Ferret nut, I breed and keep different reptiles) My
Tegu lizard which, if you don't know, is a voracious predator in the Monitor
Lizard class.  I kept him in a cage 4-5' off the floor.  My ferret Fritz
(Snicklefritz), a sable hob, had free run of my room.  During one winter, my
Tegu got out somehow while I was at work.  I looked all over for both of
them (I couldn't find Fritz either).  I finally found the Tegu under my bed.
He was is VERY BAD SHAPE.  I couldn't believe his condition!  I then found
Fritz and he was without a scratch (and a little cocky too).  I couldn't
believe it wasn't the other way around.  My theory on what happened was the
Tegu got out of his nice warm cage and got on the cold floor and really got
lethargic (being cold blooded and all) Well, Fritz just had his way with
him.  He survived for about 2 more years but was never the same and never
ate like he did before.  He eventually died from the incident.  I learned a
lesson that day.  I'm just glad it wasn't a warm summer day so the Tegu
couldn't fight to his potential.  That would have been even uglier.  Fritz
just thought he had protected daddy's room from the MONSTER UNDER THE BED!!
Sometimes we learn these things the hard way but those are the lessons that
are not forgotten.

Well TODAY'S THE DAY!!!  Tracy & I are leaving in 10 minutes to go pick up
are little girl at the breeder's!!!  We'll keep ya "POSTED"!!(No Pun
intended)

                         Tom & Tracy