From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 10:03:21 -0700
Well, Tank/Armand old sock, we can roll with the fact that you are new
here, and your original post was just horrible timing, but... You keep
posting your full name, who you work for, and the phone numbers.  There
is a simple little tool called a reverse phone index.  Trust me, F & G
has/uses one and now KNOWS where you are.  When you signed up on our list,
did you see a question that asked if you were a F & G agent?  For all we
know, YOU could be a "FISH AND GAME BASTARD".  As for the speeding
reference, it isn't the least bit relevant.  Speeders who are caught, have
neither themselves nor their cars killed.  Not all confiscated ferrets are
transported out of Calif., some are killed immediately.  Owners who resist
turning them over are threatened to either comply or the ferret will be
killed right in front of them.  If you ferret is ever taken, you too could
be one of those who discover it is dead by the time you make the first
phone call to arrange for it's release.

I say this so many times I'm sure some are going "I knew she was gonna do
it", but find and read Ilona Maggard's story.  It's archived, and I think
it's also on Ferret Central.

As for Kaye's question, the same right to ask a question must be afforded
her, as it was to you.  I hope you took time to notice Kaye lives in
another country.  An entire 'country' (it's England) about the size of
Idaho, and one where ferret ownership is fully lawful and widespread.

And while I'm yammering here, please reconsider giving your ferrets access
to a window.  Trust me, they have no interest in watching traffic go by.
My ferrets can look out windows at birds at a feeder, or a heron standing
outside watching them.  They don't.  And if you open the window, they will
scratch at the screen until they escape.  But the main point about the
window is - it exposes them to be seen and reported.  They will be happy
without viewing the great unknown, it just makes them want to get out
there.

Please don't think we're being mean just because we want to rattle you,
it's a dicy situation in Calif.  You can go out of state to obtain a
ferret, but PLEASE, consider using the anon.  posting method.

Georgia - the left coast one...