Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 19:07:06 -0400
Rocky is now on Pediapred 2x daily for insulinoma. He had fasting BG of
42 before, now after 2 wks on 1-1.2ml, today his fasting BG was 76. He
still can't jump the way he used to and isn't as interested in playing
(though part of that could be boredom as he sure was active at the
vet.) The vet said to raise it to 1.5ml. and bring him back for BG
reading in a week. I think I have 1mg/ml, but have to check as
prescription is stuck over label and couldn't get it off.

I have to wake him up for a mid-day feeding or he will only eat twice
a day. He normally eats Bob's Chicken Gravy (now w/pediapred) and raw
chicken breast with some fat and a little bone. I've also gotten him to
eat Gerber's chicken baby food. Thanks to the person who recommended
the brand and also told me to put some behind his canine because when I
tried baby food in the past and he wouldn't eat it. Now he loves it.

He will only eat kibble when coaxed (He will eat a TF treat if hungry
but not after eating meat, etc.). Does he need to eat some kibble? It's
always available

Are ferret chew sticks ok as treats (I only give a small piece)? What
about Cat Dental Treats (Nature's Recipe-1st ingredient chicken meal Is
Ferretvite forbidden? Ferretone's ok, isn't it?

Should I give Pediapred 3x a day? Might not always be able to, but
usually can with midday feeding.

Last question: How do I keep my spirits up in the face of losing him?
He is the love of my life (and my only companion).

Thanks to all of you for your information, suggestions and support.
Ferret lovers are special people.

Dooks,
Shron & Rocky