From:
Brendon Woirhaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 14:16:14 -0700
>I have always been curious about what would happen if my two ever
>got hold of a mouse or rabbit....
     [clip]
>I think a ferret could catch and kill a mouse much faster than a cat,
>but that could just be in MY house!

About three years ago, my three ferrets caught a mouse who had wandered into
the house..  it was streaking across the carpet, and all three charged it.
Two of them got their teeth into it and literally tore it apart, it all took
place in less than 5 seconds.  It was very strange behaviour for them,
obviously a very strong instinctual urge.  Do NOT have small rodents around
your ferrets!

We also had a dwarf rabbit for a while, but the ferrets tormented it
terribly.  Eventually we had to give the rabbit away, as it could have no
peace in a house where weasels roamed.  One ferret did get ahold of it once,
but we quickly seperated them.