From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 10:30:58 -0500
Well first I seem to have missed some FML's because I was going to tell
about my discovery of the Redwell books but some some posts regarding it
today.  More importantly I have two requests for information.  (1) Do any of
you shelter operators out there have application/adoption procedures you
could pass along?  and (2) I am away from home for work right now and my vet
is watching my fuzzies.  When I called today she said that she thinks she
just saw her first case of ECE in a pet store ferret.  There were two sick
ferrets - one had paralysis of the back legs and the second what seemed to
be ECE.  Bad green poop and dehydration.  I am now concerned because she
went to my house and visited my ferrets after that.  So I need specifics on
how to treat ECE.  I have heard use pedialyte, duck soup, deliver, ensure
etc.  for sick ferrets but - what strength?  How much?  How often?  Also -
were in Michigan so my vet's not very experienced - is there a ECE specific
faq that I can fax or take to my vet?  Is there anything about ECE that
would cause paralysis?  Or something that causes paralysis of back legs that
causes ECE symptoms?

Thanks for the info.

Mary