From:
Don Ruetten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 09:15:00 -0400
To the resident Vets:

Our ferret Bambi, a three year old female, last week developed jaundice.  We
took her to our vet and his diagnosis was a disfunction of the liver.  He
did blood work and urinalysis and prescribed the following medications.

Baytril  22.7 mg   1/4 tablet twice a day
APO-Prednisone  5mg  1/4 tablet once a day
Low protein feed, and 1/4 Felo-bit vitamin tablet once daily

Her skin tone has become very yellow, and although she is still  active and
eating and drinking normally, she is urinating very frequently and in large
amounts.

We are following this regimen faithfully and are hoping for the best.  Our
only questions are, is this a common problem that you have dealt with before
and, do you have any further ideas as to what we could do to help in this
situation.  Any comments would be much appreciated as we are really
distraught and are looking for any help we can get.

    Thanks in Advance

The results of her blood work are as follows:

Biochemistry

comments on sample-Icteric
all values in International (metric) units

A/G ratio        .5
Albumin         20
Alk. Phos.     930
ALT           1604