From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 1995 22:36:57 -0700
Dick,
        I know you posted your question to the vets, but I have to share
an experience our shelter had recently.  A 2 year old ferret, Willie, refused
to eat.  When he did eat, he had horrible diarrhea.  This has been going on
for almost a year and none of the vets could find anything definatively wrong
with him.  He was down to 1.75 pounds three weeks ago when I suggested we try
some Totally Ferret.  When he was introduced to the food, he dove into it.
He has been eating over 1 cup a day ever since and is now up to 3 pounds.
His diarrhea cleared up immediately, his coat is gorgeous, and he has lots of
energy.  The only thing we can figure is maybe a food allergy or something
special in Totally Ferret.  I don't work for the company and my ferrets
didn't care for the food.  But it worked miracles for Willie.

        -Carla Almaraz
        Oregon Ferret Association