Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 10:42:16 -0800
A year or so ago, my grand daughter brought me Stormy..a 6 week old kitten
by here mama cat.  To tiny for words, Stormy quickly adopted Angel Baby,
the old lady ferret at mom.  Angel Baby was not exactly enthusiastic abut
this adoption, but stormy was bigger than Angel Baby, even as a kitten, and
while there were times Angel Baby could haul stormy out of the hammock,
they grew less as the cart grew larger.

Finally we had a summer of the cat and ferret sharing the hammock, till the
cat grew too big for the hammock, and really too big to play with Angel
Baby who only weight 1lb 5oz on a good day.

By that time, Bismarck had joined our household.  Bissy is a big ole boy
who soon had no trouble playing with the kitten..the kitten war dances
BTW..she learned it from the ferts.

Well time has passed and ferret math has taken place here.

The kitten, who now weighs in at about 7 lbs continues to play with the
ferrets, though she can no longer fit into the tunnels, she does sleep in
the ferret cage, shares her food with the ferts (why we keep a mix x of
kitten food and ferret food in all the feeders) and is very nice to baby
Lilly.

I think ferrets and kittens are a natural mix.  My growed cat..thats
another subject.  She has no tolerance for ferrets, in fact does dramatic
fear behavior (for our benefit) when the ferrets come on the couch where
she likes to lay.

Amelia is a bitch..no getting around it, but has yet to get into it with a
ferret that wasn t minding his or her own business.

Daphne, the miss nosy of the group, torments the cat with pokes and prods
and occasionally gets swatted across the floor.

My biggest problem is that Stormy likes to use the ferrets litter boxes and
once she does, the ferrets wont use them 'till they are cleaned out and
have new litter in them.

Stormy gets upset when the ferts don't cover their poops and follows them
around neatening up the litter boxes.

What a hoot these kids are..who has time to work?

elle in oregon
Angel Baby.(dark sable).I'm the dignified old woman and I want..no I
demand..cuddles.And raisins..
Bismarck and Wilhelm.(cinnamon & light sable) ..We're the big ole' boys
and all those girls pick on us.
Daphne, Daisy & Shy Violet & Lilly, baby DEW (DEW, Cinnamon & light
sable)..we're mama's pretty flower children ..we like live mice and
slugs..chololate covered slugs would be nice.