Date:
Wed, 30 May 2012 11:10:50 -0400
The American Ferret Association (AFA) is excited to announce our Annual
Fundraiser Cash Raffle. This has become one of the most popular annual
fundraisers for the AFA.

Odds of winning one of our three LARGE CASH prizes are great, and
who doesn't want to win some cash? Only 2,000 tickets are available
for sale so that means you have a better than 1 in 2,000 chance of
winning - much better than the lottery!

AFA's Fundraiser Cash Raffle is open to anyone, whether you're a ferret
owner or not, so please help us spread the word and let everyone know
about this fundraiser! Please be sure to buy a ticket or two or ten,
and feel good knowing that your donation will help further support the
AFA's educational, medical and shelter programs.

Throughout the years, the AFA has initiated and continues to support
the following ferret causes. Please join us in our fight to help even
more ferrets in need!

* The Mongo Memorial Distemper Titer Study Fund - Due to the high
incidence of vaccine reactions each year, the AFA believed it was
necessary to do further research to determine if the possibility
existed that we could be over-vaccinating our ferrets.

* Pamela Slack, DVM, Memorial Research Fund - The AFA started work on a
grant program in 1999 to fill a void to specifically support research
that would explicitly benefit the health and welfare of the domestic
ferret.

* Ferret Rescue Spay/Neuter Fund Donation - The Ferret Rescue
Spay/Neuter Fund was specifically set up to assist qualified shelters
who take in intact (not spayed or neutered) ferrets, in order to
rehabilitate and rehome the ferrets.

* Black Footed Ferret Recovery Fund Donation - The Black-footed Ferret
Fund supports the recovery efforts for this endangered species.

* DIM Fund Donation - Disseminated Idiopathic Myositis (DIM) (aka
"Polymyositis") is a disease that results in a severe inflammatory
condition that primarily affects muscles (myositis).

* Educational Programs - The AFA sends out educational and medical
handouts to individuals wanting to hand out up-to-date ferret
information at their local educational event.

* Professional Symposia - The AFA is devoted to the health and welfare
of all ferrets. We offer professional educational symposiums geared to
ferret veterinarians and ferret breeders.

Ticket Cost: $5 donation per ticket or $20 donation for 5 tickets.

WIN CASH PRIZES and SUPPORT AFA's educational, medical, and shelter
programs.

Grand Prize: $1000*
First Prize: $750*
Second Prize: $500*
Third Prize: 3 year AFA basic membership (or $75)
Fourth Prize: 2 year AFA basic membership (or $50)
Fifth Prize: 1 year AFA basic membership (or $25)

Once all tickets are sold, winners will be selected by a random live
drawing at the next AFA sanctioned ferret show. If all tickets are
not sold the drawing will be held on December 8, 2012 at the 2012 AFA
Winter Nationals Ferret Competition in Gettysburg, PA. The drawing date
will be announced at www.ferret.org if other than December 8, 2012.
Entrants need not be present to win! Number of tickets sold will be
updated weekly at www.ferret.org.

Ticket stub numbers issued will be emailed but if you prefer the
physical ticket stubs can be snail mailed. The winning ticket numbers
will be posted at www.ferret.org, so if you can't make it to the show,
check back on or after drawing date for our winners list. We will
notify all winners via e-mail or telephone within 5 days of the
drawing.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Tickets can be purchased three (3) ways!

1. Visit www.ferret.org and follow the links for information and to
   purchase your tickets using a credit card.
2. Attend one of the five fall AFA sanctioned ferret shows to purchase
   your tickets.
3. Download the AFA Fundraiser Cash Raffle Order Form from our website
   and mail it in with your choice of payment.

Questions? 1-888-FERRET-1

*If all tickets are not sold then the Grand, First and Second Place
Prizes will be prorated as follows: 1 to 1100 tickets sold Grand Prize
is $500, First Prize is $375, and Second Prize is $250; 1101 to 1600
tickets sold Grand Prize is $750, First Prize is $500, and Second Prize
is $375; 1601 to 2000 tickets sold Grand Prize is $1000, First Prize is
$750, and Second Prize is $500.

Current AFA Executive Board Members/Officers are not eligible for the
top three cash prizes.

Vickie McKimmey

Office Manager
American Ferret Association, Inc.