From:
LCPL JENNIFER J ACKLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 06:56:33 -0400
help!  the ferrets i wrote and siad i got from the woman who could no longer
keep her well one is going downhill fast.  we've taken here to the vet three
times in the last week.  we took her thursday night because she had rubbed
her behind raw on the carpet from dirahea caused by the pet tonic the vet
gave us to give them and a bacterial infection prescription (we got the
medicine on the tuesday vet visit) on thursday they gave her a shot of
cortisone and told us to put neosproin on her behind.  and to was her behind
off 3 to 4 times daily.  last night she could hardly move her head she was
so weak and she wouldn't eat even when we force feed here ferretive she just
layed there.  so last night the emergency clinic vet told us to stop all
former medications and give her straight amoxicillian and take her to our
vet first thing monday morning.  she also hydrated her with 50cc of solution
oh yeah kit kat's temperature is low.  she told us take her home put a
heating pad covered with a towel in her cage on low and keep a close eye on
her.  does anyone have any suggestions on what else this might be or if pet
tonic can really make bloody dirahea or red irrated behind.

jenn sends