From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 20:41:56 -0700
This is Susie Lee at the Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc., turning on a
"whatever-happened-to..." report!

Chance, Dook-Dook of Earl Ferret , who was brought into a cat-and-dog
shelter with a broken forearm about seven weeks ago had his cast off
about three days ago and had got so accustomed to walking three-legged
that he continued to do so for almost two days...actually happier than
anything just to have the weight of the cast off so that he could hop his
happy-dooking-three-legged self all over the place just the same as he
had for the last six weeks... A second x-ray showed that the bones failed
to mend together and there's no real support; he's not in pain, but had a
"rubbery" leg, which would only be corrected by having a pin put in the
arm bones in a micro-surgery...However!  Never let the power of Ferrety
Positive Thinking be underestimated!... today I noticed he started to
put some serious weight on the formerly broken forearm-foot (hand?)
and it was , like, "hey!, this is great too!  dooky-dooky-dooky-dook!
Everything's great!  hey, got a raisin?  Gad-Dooks!  that's terrific!
dooky-dooky-dooky-dook!"

   ...I tell you what, this is One Happy Ferret!

(we don't have an 'after"-pic of Chance Doo-Dook of Earl, yet, because
he simply won't hold still enough to be snapshot, but you can see him
"before", when he was still one with his cast, here...
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html