From:
Laura Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 07:16:19 -0600
Hi everyone, we hope your holidays went well.  We have a question or two
today.  And a few responses/comments.

Smells- Are there any smells that act as a deterant to ferrets or any other
animal for that matter, to use around ferret forbidden zones?  Other than
the stuff you can get at the pet stores since the smell evaporates rather
quickly.

CPR- Say your ferret is found in the toilet(drowned,heartbeat but no
breath), and you would like to try and revive him.  What is the right amount
of air to get in his lungs without bursting them?  Is it maybe just a
check/mouth full of air or would that even be too much?  The only reason I
ask is in case one of mine becomes a magician and ends up in some water
he/she can't get out of I'd like to try and save him.  Should you hold them
upside down first to see if any water comes out(assuming you've already
checked for an obstruction)?

Alcoholic ferrets- someone mentioned ferrets drinking alcoholic beverages...
last Christmas Tavi would walk around on the coffee table searching for cups
with spirits in them.  She'd knock them over and start drinking them.  Well,
we had to hide our drinks after the first two she found, she was ok but
drank *a lot* of water after her expriments.  Now if she smells beer or
whiskey she'll try and get to the cups.  I think she was a frat boy in a
former life;)

I have to (once again) beam over how wonderful Halo was at the big family
Christmas party.  He was sooooo good he would just lay in the arms of who
ever was holding him at the time for hours on end.  He didn't try to bite or
run away I was so proud of him.  Booger did a lot better this holiday as
well, he actually hung out for more than five minutes with a single person
at a time.  Maybe Halo is teaching him.  Tavi was slightly better she lasted
45 seconds in someones arms.  Longer if they scratched her in the right
places.

A little silly....I woke Halo up today and was rubbing his belly and talking
to him. I said 'Aren't you the little angel.'  and (he was on his back) he
put his little paws together like an angel it was so cute.

Well, thanks for letting us ramble.  Have a good new year!!!

Laura and The Troublesome Trio
Halo "*I'm* the good one, everyone wants to love on me!!"
Booger "Okay, so how long am I supposed to put up with this petting stuff?"
Tavi "Hick up, Hick up, has y'alls seen where these hoomans hid the beers?"