From:
Patrick Abbott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:43:01 -0700
Hello everyone.  My name is Danielle.  I've been a member of this group
for a few months, but haven't posted anything yet.  I am the proud owner
of two beautiful little fuzzies named Katie (1yr), and Mike(6mo).

My question is about Mike.  This afternoon I noticed that his right eye was
all gummy.  It was covered with green slime!  I cleaned it off with warm
water and a soft cloth.  I thought he probably got something in it, or a
scratch from playing with Katie.  The problem is, that the slime came back
within a couple hours.  Could this be an eye infection that the vet should
look at?  I'm really short on cash, and I would really like to avoid the
vet costs if this isn't serious.  Mike doesn't seem to be bothered by it,
he's still running around like the little maniac that he is... I also
wonder if there's something I could use to help him?  Eye drops maybe?
If someone has had something like this happen to their little fuzzy, I
would sure love to hear from you.

Thanks a Bunch,
Danielle, Katie, and Mike.
Victoria, Canada