From:
Gerald Eiden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 03:05:36 -0500
Sukie, Have appointment with Vet to update needed vaccinations, tests
and a through check up for the last four of the twelve ferrets,Monday
of next week.  Spaz will get that before he comes home from being the
guest of the Vet.

Let the fun begin:
Had a real fun time this morning.  Wife put out my meds in a med cup by
the table lamp, and she told me didn't feel well, and was going back to
bed for an hour or so.  No Problem!  Right!!

Usually I take my meds before getting the "children" up and opening the
cages.  Didn't do that this morning.  Let Hot Rod, Spaz, Buddy, Dickens
and Sassy out first.  Made sure they used the litter box and put out a
can of beef and gravy for them and the cats.  They all meandered back to
the living room where the cages and tubes are located.  Played with them
about twenty minutes or so then uncovered the second cage to let Pogo,
Ben, Paulie, Goblin, Smoochie, Lizzie and Alfie out and about.  Made sure
they found the litter box near the food.

All was fairly sane, the chases through the tubes, playing in the box of
eggs,balls and bio peanuts.  Pogo hiding the catalogs he retrieved from
the trash can, Dickens searching for chicken flavored cat treats, Hot
Rod, Smoochie and Goblin wrestling and running up and down the stairs,
and I swear they leap from the third from bottom step across the small
landing and in one bound into a tube.  A race to the end of the tube
where the first one in and out, turns around and tries to push the ones
chasing back out.

Meanwhile while watching the chase, Paulie climbed the outside of the
four foot cage next to the door to the bedroom.  Keep that blocked off
with a three foot high board.  Cats can jump over but the ferrets can't
climb.  Out of the corner of my eye I see something white move on top of
the cage.  Paulie is preparing to make the four foot leap through the
door and to the bedroom floor.  At the same time I hear squeals and cries
coming from the kitchen.  Someone is fighting and biting someone.  Grab
Paulie, put him on the floor and rush to the kitchen to see three going
at it.  Sassy has Ben by the scruff of the neck and Goblin is at Sassy's
throat.  Had to pry Goblin's jaw open to release his hold on Sassy.  She
released Ben just long enough to clamp down on his snout.

Meanwhile Spaz is up on the lamp table snacking on my meds.  Got Ben
released, grabbed Goblin and locked him in his cage, put Sassy in the
small cat carrier for a time out.  Was about to look at Ben when I saw
Spaz.  He had finished off one of the Probiotic capsules (there's three I
take, all different) and was just about ready to finish off the calcium
caplet.  The little fart didn't want to open his mouth.  Only got him to
give up the end of the caplet.  Luckily he hadn't got to the coreg,
lipitor,paxil, aspirin,or lasics that I take twice a day.

Fired off a quick email plea for help to a very knowledgeable person on
this list and described what he ate.  Got a quick reply from her and
information about the ingredients to give to the vet.  Well Spaz has
ended up spending the night as a guest of the local vet.  Other than
some lousy poops, he is fine.  Will bond him out of the vet's in the
morning.  Must have been something in the food they ate yesterday.
Normally, it's only Sassy picking on Ben or Paulie.  Everyone else
having fun and games.  Don't need another day like this one.  Gonna
have to get a couple of muzzles if these "fights to the death" continue.
Maybe handcuffs and leg irons.  Naw, that wouldn't work.  These "kid"
are too smart.  Probably pick the locks and cuff my toes together.

Hope your ferrets just entertain and not get into the fixes these do.

Dooks and wet ferret kisses,

Gerald Eiden
 & the twelve hoodlums
Polo