From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 1995 13:04:30 EDT
Hi, I'm a little behind -- this topic came up in a couple of posts a week
or so ago.  An escaped ferret will certainly take off to explore brave new
worlds, but I know of at least one ferret, that would be mine, who beyond a
doubt knows where home is and how to get there from places she's been
before.  We frequently take Amelia for walks in our neigh- borhood and in
nearby parks.  When she decides it's time to go home, she can pull the
human on the other end of the leash eight blocks home, to our building in a
row of similar buildings, and right up to the door.  She does get a bit
confused on the number of flights of stairs, but it's very comforting to
know that she knows where home is.  If you aren't in a FFZ, taking your
ferret for walks might give you some peace of mind if the rascal ever slips
out the door when you aren't looking.

Amelia wonders if any other ferrets have tried those big orange raisins
that the tall ones call apricots.  She likes them although she is picky
about the sulfites (sensible critter).  But her all-time favorite human
food is cucumber-- no grocery bags are safe on the floor if there is a cuke
in there!

Regina (I thought I bought a cucumber...)
Amelia, under the sofa (*munch munch munch*)