From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:20:57 -0600
Recently I was notified that Linda Grindle in MO had died.  We did a bit
of digging and found out she died on Nov 29.  Linda lived alone and had
40 ferrets, mink, and some farm animals.  Linda was only 49.  I'm still
trying to find out where the ferrets went and what happened to them....

Please, everyone post a note on your fridge, in your address book, and
with your vet and a neighbor of who to contact in case of an emergency.

This is so important for the little one's welfare.

Petco

Talked to Sally Stork at the corporate Petco office on the west coast and
she said that Petco has a policy that they will not accept any kits under
8 weeks of age.  This has been in effect for awhile now but we are still
seeing kits under 8 weeks though MF customer rep says they never ship
before 8 weeks.  When Weebles came home with me and Chewy with Nancy,
neither had their adult canines come in till about a week after which
means they were less than 7 weeks, closer to 6 weeks old when we purchased
them.

Some petstores use a broker and if the broker is holding kits till they
are 8 weeks old I'd guess there will be many dead kits due to lack of
proper care and feeding.  Regardless of what age the kits are when they
arrive at the stores, the employees should be trained on proper care and
feeding of the kits.

We are aging the kits by their teeth eruption and this doesn't agree with
what dates are on the paperwork.

What a dilemna.

Hugs. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart